Welcome to the first post of many!
As I write this, I am actually already a fair way through my restoration and decided to blog about it.
There are so many things I wish I had learnt about specific sprinter parts that fit certain trims and models but I never found the right information.
One of the purposes of this blog is to share my information with everyone.
Here is one of the last photos I took of my car before I started to strip it down.
When I first brought the car I had a BMWx5 as a daily and SW20 MR2 as a project car.
I actually didn’t need a third car but my dad got made redundant from Holden and told him to take the BMW, and I would find a new daily.
For years I had always wanted a Sprinter and picked this one up for $2800 in 2012 with the idea of it being a daily driver and track car.
I did many mods to the car over the 5 years I drove it before stripping the car down for a full resto in 2018.
Engine & Driveline:
- 4AGE 16V 3 rib
- Silver Top 20V ITB’s
- Clive Cams 238a 270 degree cams, 8mm lift
- Toda Valve Springs
- TRD 0.8m head gasket
- Adaptronic E420c
- TRD Leads
- Fujitsubo SuperEx headers
- Fujitsubo Legalis R Exhaust
- A slapped together bottom end with over 200k on it
- T series diff with 4.1’s and a TRD 2 Way
- Noisey and reliable T50
Brakes & Suspension:
- JDM Front brakes
- Brembo drilled & slotted discs
- EBC Pads
- Corona ST141 Rear Disc Brakes
- Megan Springs
- SW20 rear shocks with a custom gland nut up front
- 90s Camaro AGX Shocks in the rear
- Whiteline front and rear swaybars
- Whiteline panhard rod